... I wouldn't have the spare materials, tools or skills to have done this.
Deciding to decorate the toilet upstairs was done with mixed feelings - it is only a little room and wouldn't take long to complete, but trying to work in a confined space and get to the areas over the toilet ...
I found a plywood offcut left over from making the baseboard wrapper for Framsden, and some batten from a retired futon I had saved. I quickly made a scaffold, even including a step to get up and down easily. The whole thing was the work of about an hour and made the job a lot easier.
As I say, I put my ability to do this down to being a railway modeller - which I mentioned to my wife!